Friday, July 2, 2010

The Summer Heat

Hot and Humid. There is no other way to describe the heat of the day when there isn't a breeze to be found. This week I have found my self soaked within 30 mins of hiking/riding from mother natures moisture. I am sunburned and sweaty and still enjoy every minute I have left in this beautiful place. We finished AIing the cow today so normalcy should return to our vocabulary. We gave a shot of prostaglandin (PGF2a) on Sunday to synchronize their estrous cycles which meant for 4am wake up calls to breed 1/3 of the herd on Wed and a few more on Thursday. Jennifer (Al's wife) and I rode out to find Silver yesterday. Cache does not like the humidity and struggled to walk at an acceptable pace. Daisy was missing from this band yesterday but I saw her this morning. I really like this stallion....even though he was one that came a little too close when I had Colonel in the park. Pictures speak for themselves. He is has a gentle and kind eye yet shows the strength a stallion must have to breed mares and keep them.














Firefly (bay)
Big Red (chestnut)




Blaze out on Linbo Flats again....getting fat!












This is Blaze's filly, SKY. Spitting image of her Sire.










vulture with sweet clover








prickly pear in the park

1 comment: