Monday, June 21, 2010

Meet Gary

Today's adventures started early at the ranch as I helped Ted and Kay bring in all the cows we are to AI (artificially inseminate). It was a big pasture and it took the 3 of us 2 hours to check all the nooks and crannies of the hill sides. After finishing up I headed to the park to search for Gary. The nose bots are so bad that these horses will stand up against the gumbo and stick their noses in the cracks so the flys cannot bother them. Below is Blondie, Gary, Goblin (Ghost's foal from last year), Ghost, Dancer (Twister's foal), and Twister. There is one more mare in this group called Rosie and I could not find her today. She may have been off with a new foal or stolen by another stallion. I searched for 2 hours and finally decided to hike back to the truck. I kept an eye out but didn't see her. Hopefully she will turn up tomorrow.

Blondie and Ghost.

Goblin taking off to get away from the flies.







On the move....










My first Prickly Pear bloom of the year!!!






Twister's filly, Dancer. What a cute little roan!














No comments:

Post a Comment