Wednesday, June 2, 2010

In Search of Horses

What a day! The past 48 hours Al and I
have been looking for some hard to find horses. Today we were on the hunt for Thunder Cloud who we finally saw off Buck hill on the east side. We rode in and got our observation around 5pm. Once they saw us, they were gone. Pale Lady has a new foal in the bunch...little dun colt. Wish I got some pics but they were on the move after we snuck around the butte to get a better look. I rode Cache today and he is beat. What a horse he is going to be! Each day he gets better and today's improvements will not be forgotten. I plan to give him the rest of the week off as he gave me 110%

For being a two year old with less than 20 rides, I couldn't ask for more.














The Flowers are amazing....and just starting to come in full bloom. The prickly pear are beginning to bud out but I think it may still be a few weeks before I get some good shots of them. The rain has been plentiful and the Bad Lands are alive because of it.

















BLAZE - This was Tuesday's adventure. I have heard about this horse but never seen him up close. I had to hike out a ways in order to get photos of him as he is really flighty with other horses. He is everything you think a wild stallion should be. His left blue eye seems to stare right past your soul and his presence is fulfilling. I hope to see him again as he is fascinating to be with.

































1 comment: